Important notes to submitter
If you are making a submission to the Environmental Protection Authority, you should use form 16B.
The closing date for serving submissions on the Taranaki Regional Council is the 20th working day after the date on which public or limited notification is given. If the application is subject to limited notification, the Council may adopt an earlier closing date for submissions once the Council receives responses from all affected persons.
You must serve a copy of your submission on the applicant as soon as is reasonably practicable after you have served your submission on the Taranaki Regional Council.
If you are a trade competitor, your right to make a submission may be limited by the trade competition provisions in Part 11A of the Resource Management Act 1991.
If you make a request under section 100A of the Resource Management Act 1991, you must do so in writing no later than 5 working days after the close of submissions and you may be liable to meet or contribute to the costs of the hearings commissioner or commissioners. You may not make a request under section 100A of the Resource Management Act 1991 in relation to an application for a coastal permit to carry out an activity that a regional coastal plan describes as a restricted coastal activity.
Please note that your submission (or part of your submission) may be struck out if the Council is satisfied that at least 1 of the following applies to the submission (or part of the submission):
- it is frivolous or vexatious
- it discloses no reasonable or relevant case
- it would be an abuse of the hearing process to allow the submission (or the part) to be taken further
- it contains offensive language
- it is supported only by material that purports to be independent expert evidence, but has been prepared by a person who is not independent or who does not have sufficient specialised knowledge or skill to give expert advice on the matter
If you have any questions relating to completion of this application form, please contact the Consents Department, Taranaki Regional Council on telephone (06)765-7127 or email email@example.com.